Monday, January 15, 2024

How to IDENTIFY cults

 

JESUS warns:

Matthew 15:14

King James Version

14 Let them alone: 

they be blind leaders of the blind. 

And if the blind lead the blind, 

both shall fall into the ditch.


Surely, you've heard of cults.

How members are asked to follow blindly.

How perversion goes on in the organizations.

How people surrender their will to the "master".

How its leaders enjoy fame, fortune, and followership.

How leaders love to be worshiped.

How members give up their lives when their "master" says so.

How parents can't even recognize their own child anymore.


It need not be a religious cult, to be a cult.

The world does have terms like "cult-following".

Or "cult-like status".

Such words are bandied about carelessly.

In art, business, culture, tech, and entertainment.

Just so you know, all that is idolatry.


Yesterday, SPIRIT called my attention to a cult-like organization.

At least, after doing some research, it felt like one to me.

Started in the early 90s from the east.

Propagated in the west.

Massive tri-media exposure.

Seamless operation.

And people have bought into it.

On the pretext you'll be hale, happy, and healthy.

Seemed harmless, but was it, really?


Part of me wanted to explore it more.

To look deeper into the links.

But clearly, it was cult-like.

Do I talk more about cults?

Or shall I tell you about GOD's laws instead?

The latter intent won out.


As born again, I live by Scripture.

I am here to write, worship, and warn.

Here's how you can gauge if you have unknowingly joined a cult.

It defies the LORD's commands:

Exodus 20:2-4

King James Version

2 I am the Lord thy God, 

which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, 

out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, 

or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, 

or that is in the earth beneath, 

or that is in the water under the earth.


Mark 10:18

King James Version

18 And Jesus said unto him, 

Why callest thou me good? 

there is none good but one, 

that is, God.


John 14:6

King James Version

6 Jesus saith unto him, 

I am the way, the truth, and the life: 

no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.


Matthew 23:8

King James Version

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: 

for one is your Master, even Christ;

 and all ye are brethren.


Matthew 23:10

King James Version

10 Neither be ye called masters: 

for one is your Master, even Christ.


Matthew 23:11

King James Version

11 But he that is greatest among you 

shall be your servant.


And from apostle Luke:

Acts 4:12

King James Version

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: 

for there is none other name under heaven 

given among men, whereby we must be saved.


JESUS never called attention to Himself.

His ministry was ALWAYS for the GLORY of GOD.

John 17:4

King James Version

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: 

I have finished the work 

which thou gavest me to do.


John 17:6

King James Version

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men 

which thou gavest me out of the world: 

thine they were, and thou gavest them me; 

and they have kept thy word.


John 17:7-8

King James Version

7 Now they have known that all things 

whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

8 For I have given unto them 

the words which thou gavest me; 

and they have received them, 

and have known surely that I came out from thee, 

and they have believed that thou didst send me.


That, in sharp contrast to the world's cults.

Which always call attention to self, and their leaders.

With leaders getting rich, and famous, through you.

JESUS leads us to eternal life.

He leads us back to GOD.

He leads us to salvation.

Cults lead us to death, and destruction.

Therein are the marked differences.


The world is full of pits, and falls.

Only through Scripture, can you know what's right.

Only through SPIRIT, can you be taught about JESUS.

Only through JESUS, can we be saved.

Only by being born again, can we know all these.


Related material:

GOD's 10 COMMANDMENTS

Satan's SECRET weapon

The devil's DEVICES

BORN AGAIN classics


Image: Clipart Library


TRUTH about DOCTRINE

  1 Timothy 1:8 King James Version 8 But we know that the law is good,  if a man use it lawfully ; What doctrine comes from GOD ? What is so...