Saturday, October 29, 2022

What the HOLY SPIRIT does

 


JESUS said:

John 16:7

King James Version

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; 

It is expedient for you that I go away: 

for if I go not away, 

the Comforter will not come unto you; 

but if I depart, I will send him unto you.


We have NO idea the HOLY SPIRIT's power.

But if you're born again, you will surely be taught by SPIRIT.

What did JESUS say the FATHER's SPIRIT was for?

John 16:8-15

King James Version

8 And when he is come, 

he will reprove the world of sin, 

and of righteousness, 

and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, 

and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, 

but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, 

the Spirit of truth, is come, 

he will guide you into all truth: 

for he shall not speak of himself; 

but whatsoever he shall hear, 

that shall he speak: 

and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: 

for he shall receive of mine, 

and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: 

therefore said I, 

that he shall take of mine, 

and shall shew it unto you.


In SUMMARY, the HOLY SPIRIT does these things:

-- "he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment"

-- "he will guide you into all truth"

-- "but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak" 

-- he will shew you things to come.

-- "He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you"


Now, you see why GOD's SPIRIT must not be blasphemed.

The HOLY SPIRIT warns us about FALSE teachings.

And that's for the next post.


Related material:

RESPECT for the HOLY SPIRIT

The HOLY SPIRIT

SPIRIT of GOD


Image: gnav


TRUTH about DOCTRINE

  1 Timothy 1:8 King James Version 8 But we know that the law is good,  if a man use it lawfully ; What doctrine comes from GOD ? What is so...